[78-L] I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Feb 14 22:29:37 PST 2011

I remember that show. I also remember engineering a radio remote fundraiser for leukemia - our portable studio was a small trailer that was parked in front of the Hollywood Palladium. I was turning knobs for Shirley Jones and Marty Ingels (was he Dickens or Fenster?). Anyway, at one point during the broadcast, Shirley was talking and Ingels suddenly decided to say something so he reached over to grab the microphone from Shirley. In doing so, he pulled the mike cord directly under my throat, nearly strangling me. I couldn't move forward, backward, or sideways and had to steel myself to keep from coughing on the air (the cough button would have silenced the entire room). As Vin Scully might say, Ingels would make coffee nervous.

Cary Ginell