[78-L] George Shearing

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Feb 14 21:20:33 PST 2011

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Preceded two days ago by Betty Garrett, also 91 (and yes she made many
> 78s).
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110213/ap_on_en_ot/us_obit_betty_garrett
> Both on the MGM label at the same time, by an odd coincidence.
> Who's going to be #3? Liz Taylor?

I'm not concerned...as long as it AIN'T ME!! As one continues into one's
"seniorhood"...one begins to notice that a LOT of folks in the "Obituaries"
pages are the same age or younger than one...?!

Other than that...whenever I finally "kick the proverbial bucket," the
folks at UCSB  who have asked me to leave them my half-vast
shellac archive (mainly my MANY GG discs!!), are gonna have
one HELLUVA moving job ahead of them...!

Steven C. Barr