[78-L] Gems from "Rio Rita"

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sun Feb 13 11:35:32 PST 2011

Maybe take 3 stamper wore out?

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of Don Chichester
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:57 PM
To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
Subject: Re: [78-L] Gems from "Rio Rita"

Just picked up a very clean copy of Victor 35816, Gems from Rio Rita, to go
with the other three copies I have. (!)  I happened to notice that the new
copy was take 4, whereas the others were all take 3.  (Label is late Victor,
double circle.)

Did Victor often release hit records with differing takes?  (Not referring
to later re-issues which frequently used alternate takes.)

Strange,

Don