[78-L] Identity of female singer?

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sat Feb 12 06:28:13 PST 2011

On 2/12/2011 8:17, David Lennick wrote:
> I find NO online references to her, but she was definitely on radio and records
> in the 30s, including the Victor Herbert album with Jan Peerce and
> Thomas L. Thomas.
>
> Pretty lady.
>
> dl
The voice, but not the looks, of Jeannette MacDonald. Maybe better.
Pity what never made the divide between stage and radio/record,
radio/record and film, predigital and modern times. Too many gaps to
jump. What we hear on record and see on film is a tiny fragment of the
tip of the iceburg that was entertainment in the 20th century.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.