[78-L] BREAKING NEWS, OR BRAKING NEWS!

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Fri Feb 11 18:02:52 PST 2011

On 2/11/2011 5:30, Thom Whetston wrote:
> There is a full set at the Library of Congress, they've been calling them
> back from the stations for years.  That being said, we'll never get a chance
> to hear them.  The 1943-1947 disks have a lot of neat things but after that
> it's just released records, cut into half albums.  I'd like to have them,
> but there's very little that's very exciting.
>
> I'm still a little plugged into the network.  I heard about the callback
> from a former senior manager.
>
> The original agreements with AFM and the record companies are what is the
> problem.  They don't care about a few scattered collectors but when it's in
> the news or it looks like someone's making serious money on these they can
> come down hard.

Take Heart

http://www.nwguardian.com/2011/02/09/9488/vinyl-records-reveal-glimpse-of.html

I am not done trying to contact these people. My first attempt was
fruitless because I tried to penetrate the email security at the base. I
am going to try to get around it a few other ways.

Not giving up.

Searching for AFRS028 "Victory Night Broadcasts"

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.