[78-L] Oops, you have not been un-subscribed from 78-L

Ron Fial ron at fial.com
Thu Feb 10 22:52:56 PST 2011

The message some of you received about being unsubscribed from 78-L is false.
That message came from a backup-server what I was cleaning out, removing
'subscribers' from that inactive server, because it is not being used for backup
anymore.

When I decided to remove the old 78-L subscriptions on the backup-server using
the normal mechanism, the backup server automatically sent the 'you were unsubscribed'
messages the people who were subscribed about 10 months ago when that backup
was performed.  Oops.  If you did not receive the un-subscribed message, it is because
you were not subscribed to 78-L when that backup was performed.

You are still subscribed to 78-L on the main server.  Sorry for the mixup.
If you were receiving more than one monthly subscription reminder about 78-L,
this should now stop, because the duplicates were coming from this backup server.

  Regards,
   Ron Fial  78-L list manager