[78-L] The Legend and the Prodigy

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 22:04:31 PST 2011

Rose Maddox left a wonderful legacy of exceptional country vocals.
Violinist/fiddler/composer, Mark O'Connor never recorded a 78, but he
learned from and played with Stephane Grappelli for a year. Here is a
snippet from Rose and Mark's only appearance together, a concert in a series
called, *Country Music Goes to College* at Tacoma Community College,1978.
The opening act was, Artis the Spoonman. I have a broad view of musical
genres. Mark O'Connor was then 17 years old, and Rose Maddox could still
sing the angels out of heaven. Here's Rose Maddox, Mark (lead guitar &
fiddle), and Jeff Thorn (rhythm guitar).
Copy the URL below.

http://picosong.com/fta<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpicosong.com%2Ffta&h=85286>

I posted it on my Facebook, but here's Rose and Mark on, "Rollin' in My
Sweet Baby's Arms."

Enjoy,

Dennis Flannigan