[78-L] BREAKING NEWS, OR BRAKING NEWS!

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Wed Feb 9 16:27:14 PST 2011

.
Oh, BTW -
on each of those 'Standard Library' discs in the P-, W- and C-series you would
find recordings by one company only.

Let's say that record W-888 had Jim Reeves on one side, and Chet Atkins on
the other one. That's both RCA-Victor. Then the next disc in the sieries, like
maybe W-889 could have been with tracks by Tommy Collins on one side and
Jean Shepard on the flip. That's all from Capitol.

I have only seen very VERY few discs with 'mixed content', and then the tracks
were all from real minor, regional labels.  I seem to remember that one track
from the FABOR label was on one such 'mixed' record: 'From A Jack To A King'
by Ned Miller.  Probably it was not worthwhile to take more than one song from
the FABOR catalog.

Benno