[78-L] Oversouling

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 9 14:18:53 PST 2011

 Mom says AmericanIdol is no good, but watches it anyway.  This usually assures her of an empty living room, same way my
Great-grandmother watched Lawrence Welk all alone in one of my grandparents' bedrooms - except Great-grandma Bailey needed
the tv turned WAY up, 'cuz she was almost deaf by then. ("Kids- go say hello to your great-grandma ... wait, no, she's
watching LW ... it'll hurt your ears. Wait until it's over!")

 It's like someone crossed a Black storefront-church choir lady with a deranged Swiss yodeller. Me: "Are those damned people
yodeling again?" TV: (screeching and yodeling) .  Me: "AAAHH!  They ALL stink!!" .. then I run & play some Crosby to clean
my ears.

ps- Was Dick Todd guilty of Over-Bingling?  On some (or all?) of his records, he'd use an obvious Crosbyism on virtually
every single line.

(SCTV now signs off, with Mel Torme .....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7s4ybA7h4  )