[78-L] early Gennett & Starr issues

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Tue Feb 8 18:42:53 PST 2011

As an addition to my very recent post to Mike B there is this:

FYI -
I'm putting out this call to any members of 78-L who have Gennett
verticals in their collections.

I am long on song titles and issue numbers for the Ge 6500 and 7500
series but short on matrix numbers. What I have comes mostly from lists
put together 50 years ago by Walt Allen and George Blacker and, more
recently, (San Francisco) Steve Abrams. There are still lots of holes
and plenty of cross-checking to do

If you can add to the database, and want your material to appear in the
upcoming Gennett discography, please contact me. Currently I am looking
for recordings in the 2 series above plus early (US) Starr and
(Canadian) Starr-Gennett issues as well, since both series initially
parallel the Gennett issues, and also info on the 10000 series Art-Tone
issues.

Label scans and visual matrix ID are preferred but I'll gladly take
catalog data from your collection instead, if you have your collections
cataloged (many do not), that is.

Thanks,
Mal Rockwell