[78-L] Purple People Eater

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Feb 7 09:48:33 PST 2011

It just occurred to me as I was checking ePay for goodies, that most of
Sheb Wooley's "Purple People Eater" on MGM 12651 are by Quality Records,
of Canadian manufacture.
I bought a copy awhile ago which I believe was made in the US. At least
there is no credit given as to the manufacturer on the label. Every
other label I've ever seen of this recording is Canadian.
So I'm wondering what my copy is worth, and just how rare it is.
Is it possible that it is a US first run pressing and that, when the
song hit it really big, further runs were jobbed out to Canada?
Mal "mostly just curious" R