[78-L] Amalgamated Broadcasting System

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 3 20:29:08 PST 2011

So I no sooner get finished slamming this broadcast than I hear one helluva
swinging orchestra along the lines of Fletcher Henderson..Rex Stewart and His
Orchestra, from the Empire Hotel. And it's THE Rex Stewart! According to
Kinkle, he did lead a band at the Empire. Aside from a ten minute chunk of Al
Kavelin's sweet band, this is the only good thing to come out of this whole
mishigoss.

dl