[78-L] Gene Posnack and Adrian Rollini

Ate van Delden ate.vandelden at worldonline.nl
Tue Feb 1 02:07:32 PST 2011

Just after Adrian Rollini returned from England he freelanced and recorded with several band leaders including Gene Posnack. Only one Posnack recording is known. It is Black Horse, in the rare QRS 1000 series (QRS 1051). It is backed by a Carl Fenton and has been reissued on a Jazz Oracle Rollini cd.
Black Horse is Joe Tarto's composition and, in acoustical days, was called Black Horse Stomp.

Now the late John R.T. Davies had a recording which he knew to be by Gene Posnack's band with Rollini. The title was Minor Gaff and it has been issued now without any information on a recent Frog cd.

Can anyone out there confirm that this is a Posnack recording and give the QRS issue number? Settlemeier's QRS 1000 listing has 56 issues, but about 10 have not been identified yet, including 1049 and 1050, the two immediately preceding Posnack's QRS 1051.

Thanks