[78-L] Untie the unknown artists!

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sat Jan 29 13:02:16 PST 2011

As John writes, these are "either duplicates or overstock" from Robert's collection.  There are doubtless some very fine records here, but these seem to hardly come from his core collection.

Like some collectors on this list - but apparently not all, I strive to divest myself of unwanted items in an eternal quest to Conquer Space.  Several times a year, I go to shows with boxes records I vow will not come back home with me, even though many of these are great music.  I have been doing this for 20 years and will continue to do this until either I am down to my true core collection(s) or I meet my end.

There are a lot of great records out there.  I sure don't want them all.  Indeed, if I never get another record again, I will be satisfied to enjoy what I already have./steve