[78-L] Technics 1200 Goin' Bonkers

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Sat Jan 29 12:39:41 PST 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Larry Jeannette wrote:

> The turntable bearing is seizing. You need to:
>
> 1.   Remove the turntable
> 2.   Inspect the belt
> 3.   Free up the spindle shaft bearing then add a drop or two of
> light weight oil.
> 4.   Replace the turntable (less belt) and spin it to verify that
> the bearing is properly lubricated.
> 5.   Remove the turntable then reinstall the belt and turntable.

Er, uh, I don't believe a Technics SL-1200 (a direct-drive turntable)
has a belt...<grin>

Technics had specific oil for their machines...dunno if good-ol' 3-
in-1 is all that good for them.

I've got one of them-thar animules myself.

Take care,

Joe
--
"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all
owned by cats."--Anonymous