[78-L] COLUMBIA - HMV - DECCA UK SINGLES CATALOGUE 1950 - 1980

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sat Jan 29 03:10:01 PST 2011

Perhaps one should add that these lists aren't discographies, only lists
of singles with catalogue number, title and artist. There's a useful
history of UK record labels and a key for dating records: the first
catalogue number for each year is given. And, as Benno pointed out, 78
rpm issues are marked, as well as issues in both formats or on 45 rpm
only (or 33 rpm, where applicable).
Not all label series are featured, for some there are only selections,
but the major ones are all complete (from 1950-1980).
I wonder if EMI paid Paul Pelletier for the listing of Decca labels
(Decca, Deram, Beltona, Brunswick etc.)?
Kristjan