[78-L] Technics 1200 Goin' Bonkers

Tim McCormick Dad at TheMcCormicks.com
Fri Jan 28 19:44:24 PST 2011

Martin,

	Are you saying the turntable rotates clockwise then reverses and
rotates counter-clockwise, then repeats?  If so, I seriously doubt it is a
bad bearing.  I would suspect the power supply.  It sounds as if the direct
drive DC motor is receiving AC through a faulty Capacitor, bridge rectifier,
or switching power supply circuit.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com] On Behalf Of Martin Fisher
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 2:34 PM
To: '78-L Mail List'
Subject: [78-L] Technics 1200 Goin' Bonkers

Hi Guys,

Can't remember if this has been discussed before.  I've got one of those
Diapason modified turntables that recently developed a problem.  The platter
just shifts directions instead of rotating.  At first the speed went random
and now it looks like a bird turning its head.  Any ideas?

Martin