[78-L] Technics 1200 Goin' Bonkers

victor victor at calweb.com
Fri Jan 28 14:35:52 PST 2011

The turntable bearing is seizing. You need to:

1.   Remove the turntable
2.   Inspect the belt
3.   Free up the spindle shaft bearing then add a drop or two of light weight oil.
4.   Replace the turntable (less belt) and spin it to verify that the bearing is properly lubricated.
5.   Remove the turntable then reinstall the belt and turntable.

   This should solve the problem. I lubricate my turntable 1 to 2 times per year and have had no issues with the turntable seizing since I initiated the process.

				Larry Jeannette