[78-L] Harry Tush and his Society Orchestra

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jan 25 23:05:13 PST 2011

Yes, that's the name on the labels.  Vocal Chorus by the "Rondoliers"
which is a male quartet.  1940's 10-inch shellac with a label that has
in the center a gift card and envelope.  One side is Happy Birthday
Sister, with a space at the bottom of the "card" to fill in your name
"from__________".  The other side is Auld Lang Syne.  Yes the birthday
song is our old favorite in a very fancy society orchestration, no
composer credits.

The label name is Avalon, and underneath it in small letters it says
"Faysan Recording Co, New York, N.Y.  But at the bottom of the label in
the restricted use notice it says Clayton F. Summy Co. Chicago Ill.

The record number on the labels are different.

Happy Birthday Sister   Avalon 507A  (HS 1139)
Auld Lang Syne  Avalon 501B  (HS 1135)

The number is very deeply stamped, but the prefix is very lightly hand
scribed, but appears on the label as I typed it.

Anybody know who Harry Tush is?  I mean without asking at Moe's Bar for him.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com