[78-L] Goldkette (Ted Lewis)

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 25 09:47:35 PST 2011

There are lots of good Ted Lewis records, but - like Fats Waller & his
Rhythm - (although much later) there is a formula that doesn't change much
and there are too many records to choose from. It's difficult to pick
favourites. I tend to listen more to the later ones; 'Ho Hum' is nice. It's
the one on which he is (apparently) heard to say 'Play it Ted, Play it'
behind Benny Goodman's solo! Much as I'd like to believe it, I thing he
probably says 'Ben', not 'Ted'.

Tim Huskisson