[78-L] Live recordings in the 1930's (was Jack Jackson date)

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sun Jan 23 03:20:48 PST 2011

What I'm trying to figure out is how often bands were recorded outside
studio context - not counting broadcast recordings which were made for -
broadcasts, thus recorded over wire in studio. Both are live recordings,
but the latter usually not meant for commercial record release, as I
understand. I can imagine that some dance hall recordings were made on
location, although the event was simultanously broadcast over wire. In
order to use the gig as a recording session and get better sound quality.
Kristjan