[78-L] Help me understand the logic...

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Tue Jan 18 11:41:16 PST 2011

Hey Benno - I used to read the boards as well, but mostly when I was trying
to figure out my own problems with their system. Sometime last year I had a
problem sending and receiving invoices for items both won and sold.
It took me about 20 hours of phone calls and emails constantly explaining
the problem over and over till I finally got to someone who understood the
issue and helped me fix it - very frustrating!

The thing I find the most ill-logical about their feedback policy is the
lack of a human element. You'd think they would give their customer service
reps the ability to review and remove abusive feedback when reported.
Most of the time it's pretty obvious when it's revenge or retaliatory
feedback. Yet, when you ask customer service about such things they act like
you're crazy for even suggesting such things. They'll say that you can
mutually remove feedback if you can get the buyer to agree to do so, but I
don't think they'll do it for you? Anyone ever successfully have ebay remove
uncalled for negative feedback?

I like the idea of a user panel and should try to do something similar on
the vmauctions site. How did it work? Did you actually have online
meetings/chats or was it more of message board/private message set up?
Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
78rpm Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com/
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerableradio.com