[78-L] Dick Tracy in B Flat

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 16 14:49:55 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 4:17 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Okay, gang..does anyone have this on AFRS pressings? I've just been auditioning
> the pair of lacquer discs I have of this (Command Performance, February 1945,
> Dick Track in B Flat) and immediately I heard a chunk that isn't on the LP
> issue..namely, von Zell listing the entire cast at the start. Was this cut down
> for the LP or do I actually have a pre-edit AFRS master?
>
> dl

Relax.  Calm down.  The cast list reading seems to be on all of the
copies floating around the Old Time Radio world.  One of the stations I
am on aired it a few weeks ago and I remembered hearing the list, so I
pulled out one of the various Command Performance MP3 discs I have from
different dealers and the first one I picked out has the list and the
opening song "Happy Happy Wedding Day" that I also seem to recall being
missing from the LP.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com