[78-L] Personnel for Julia Lee "Gotta Gimme What You Got" and "Lies"

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 13:33:28 PST 2011

I once owned a few Julia Lee Capitols.Cornetist Red Nichols was on some of the
sessions.Her
brother George E. Lee,a bass saxist,was said to have helped Charlie Parker learn
his chords in
his youth.Parker,as I understand it,was the laughing stock of Kansas City.I
liked Nellie Lutcher
better.I had her red label Capitol of "The Lady's In Love With You".The Julia
Lee Capitol that
comes to mind is "When A Woman Loves a Man" which was also done by Billie
Holiday.