[78-L] Metal discs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jan 14 12:20:12 PST 2011

On 1/14/2011 3:08 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Any idea how to clean a KODISK? I have two of them here, both pretty grubby.
> Not that I expect to be able to get anything but noise from them.
>
> Looks like this except no labels on mine.
> http://wfmu.org/MACrec/kodisk1.html
>
> dl
They're zinc and I suspect that if you do any cleaning you will remove
whatever recording might be there.  You shouted into the phonograph horn
and made little dents on the groove wall that you were supposedly able
to hear with the same steel needle right after making.  I've never heard
anything from them.

Mike BIel mbiel at mbiel.com