[78-L] Pre-bop [was Five Faves]

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 06:47:41 PST 2011

OK. I have all three titles from that date. Which one are you referring to?
I'd like to give it a listen.
If you're right we have a real find.
One of them "Everybody Does It In Hawaii" was recorded twice.
First time on 12/30/29  Mx. 58338-1 and released on Vic V-38109
then again on 1/15/30  Mx 55338-4 and also released on Vic V-38109.
If this is the title you were referring to do we know which take I should
listen to? I have both.
Same strange thing on "Frankie and Johnny."  Mx 58339-2-3 on 12/30/29 Vic
V-38109 and another listed as
Mx 58339 -4 on 1/15/30 also on Victor  V38109.  although Rust indicates that
there was no Mx 58339 "DESPITE THE LABEL"
Strange things were happening.
Or mebbe you mean the other title from 12/30/29 "New Orleans Shout" ?? Mx
58340-1  Vic 23388
Let me know and I'll give it a spin. (another colloquialism from my
bottomless reservoir of Americana.)

Al Simmons