[78-L] Five Faves

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Jan 12 20:09:36 PST 2011

From: "Gregg Kimball" <gdkimball at cox.net>
<snip>
> 4.  The early fiddling on Starr of Isidore Soucy, especially "Reel Des
> Cammandos"

I have a number of these Starr "fiddle" 78's; I always bid on (and often
won!) these when I saw them on 78 auction lists. Eventually (as I had
expected) they began attracting higher bids from US "country" collectors!

> 5.  1920s and 30s Norfolk quartets, especially the Silver Leaf Quartette
> and
> the Monarch Jazz Quartet's What's the Matter Now? b/w Four or Five Times.

I have a few of these...I always bid on (and again, often won!) any
"Norfolk"
vocal 78's I saw on lists! One can listen to these records and learn where
"doo-wop" came from...!

Steven C. Barr