[78-L] Five Faves

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Wed Jan 12 19:24:04 PST 2011

Five is impossible, but . . .

1.  Eck Robertson's "Sallie Gooden"

2.  Sophie Tucker with Miff Mole's Molers, "Fifty Million Frenchmen Can't Be
Wrong"--it's just so boisterous it cracks me up.

3.  The piping of Patsy Touhey on Victor, especially the medley of reels
that ends with Miss Mcleod's.

4.  The early fiddling on Starr of Isidore Soucy, especially "Reel Des
Cammandos"

5.  1920s and 30s Norfolk quartets, especially the Silver Leaf Quartette and
the Monarch Jazz Quartet's What's the Matter Now? b/w Four or Five Times.

. . . and I just got some nice Bennie Nawahi and Sol Hoopii that is doing a
strong rotation on the turntable.

Gregg Kimball