[78-L] Your 10 best records!!

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 12 17:02:08 PST 2011

I don't know if I would be able to give an absolute, top ten by any given
criteria, but here's some interesting items in my collection:

1.  a "napkin ring" cylinder from the St.Louis worlds fair.
2.  The opening 15 minutes of Mutuals broadcast of Congress's declaration of
war against Japan
3.  Duke Diggs and his Orch on Supertone
4.  A Chinese "Good Listening" Monarch disc.
5.  a bare aluminium air check from 1932 featuring some hot jazz.
6.  an 1896 cylinder by Issler's orchestra
7.  a just-acquired "Polk" record
8.  a "Square Deal" record
9.  "So Unexpectedly" by Ben Pollack on Decca.  Not rare, but I love it...
10.  "There's a Little Wheel A'Turnin'" by the Velvatones, an
African-American quartet recorded on the Christian Home label from Walla
Walla, WA of all places.  (My grandmother gave me this disc when I was six)