[78-L] 10 Best Records & to ebay or not to ebay?

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:01:23 PST 2011

The most valuable record I have cost me a buck, my "E" copy of "Cocaine
Blues," Luke Jordan. The most I've paid was a hundred bucks for Hank
Williams first Sterling record. Once sold Dylan's *Ten of Swords *for $300.
There's the top and bottom of my sales and purchases.

All together, I've probably sold about thirty 78s from my collection/clutter
(10,000+). Those were duplicates to fellow collectors.

Favorite 78? Unsure, but Ernie Freeman's "Jivin' Around," on Cash label
pleased me when I was fifteen and it pleases me now. Like comfort food for
my ears.

Also, I'd like some advice. Any suggestions for someone considering selling
individual records before my family has to dump them, or find a single
buyer? Do sellers on this list get better prices when they use eBay, or
through auction lists? If I sell on eBay, should I learn by offering lesser
value items to build a reputation as a fair and honest dealer, or begin with
more valuable recordings? Should I contract with a regular eBay seller to
offer my valuable items? What's fair and normal rate for such a service?

df