[78-L] record cartoon this time

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 9 20:18:03 PST 2011

On 1/9/2011 10:27 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> On 1/9/2011 10:22 PM, Steven C. Barr wrote:
>>
>> Reminds me of the times I spent with the late Jeff Healey! Jeff could
>> actually
>> identify his records (he had about 40,000!) by "feel" (although I doubt if
>> he
>> could "feel" the lyrics...?!)...!
>>
>> Steven C. Barr
>>
> He could feel take numbers on Diamond Discs he hadn't seen before. He could
> also sign autographs. I understand he also drove a car for a couple of blocks,
> and all concerned lived to tell the tale.
>
> dl

 From these descriptions I am beginning to wonder if he were not totally
blind but was really LEGALLY blind.  They could see weakly but things
are uncorrectably fuzzy.  I once had a student like that.  We all
thought he was totally blind like the others I had , but he would put
down those who used guide dogs or always needed the cane.  He also
talked about driving a car on his family's farm.  A couple of years
after he graduated a couple of the girls were joking about him.  The
main walkway on campus was rather narrow and he used to occasionally use
a cane and hold his other hand out in front of him strategically
placed for optimal contact with the co-eds.  When I asked the girls said
to me "You didn't realize he was not totally blind?!  WE all knew!!"

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com