[78-L] record cartoon this time

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jan 9 19:22:29 PST 2011

From: "Rodger Holtin" <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>
> This one I know the original source but perhaps by Google skills not good
> enough.
Esquire mag Sept 1976 You can see all their covers since 1933 but not the
inside on their website, unless I missed something. (Possibly a Gahan Wilson
cartoon, but not sure about that)
> Here's the scene:
> Set in a bar, the glass on the juke box is broken, records strewn, there
> are guys standing around with money in hand, another guy blindfolded with
> a record in his hand with a bite taken out of it. Blindfolded guy says,
> "hmmm, little cable cars climb halfway to the stars... this is 'I Left My
> Heart in San Francisco.'"

Reminds me of the times I spent with the late Jeff Healey! Jeff could
actually
identify his records (he had about 40,000!) by "feel" (although I doubt if
he
could "feel" the lyrics...?!)...!

Steven C. Barr