[78-L] Raymond Scott sidemen

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 18:22:23 PST 2011

Han,

Don't know if your question got answered, but I have it. "Pimiglio" is a typo, it was Pumiglio, and his recording career predates Raymond Scott's -- he was a regular in Ed Kirkeby's bands at least as early as 1931. "Louis Shoubel" may have been the long form of his name, and I've seen it spelled many ways, but professionally and personally Scott's esteemed bass player was Lou Shoobe to everyone. He and Milt Hinton were very close friends and often traded jobs; to Uncle Milt, he was "Lou Shoobe."

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com