[78-L] Mary Bono Scandal

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jan 9 14:43:24 PST 2011

As many of you know, it was Sonny Bono's widow Mary who inherited his
congressional seat and introduced the Sonny Bono Copyright Extension Act
which added 20 years to all U.S. copyright terms -- bumping the sound
recording term from the year 2047 to the current 2067.  Well, with all
of the horror of the shooting in Arizona yesterday you might have missed
this other story about a pending scandal involving Mary Bono.  It's not
much but there might be some financial involvement involved as well.
Info and photos are here:
  http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/01/exclusive-sonny-bonos-widow-congresswoman-mary-bono-lurid-photo-scandal-with

If she hadn't screwed with our copyrights I wouldn't have mentioned this.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com