[78-L] Brian Rust R.I.P.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 09:48:00 PST 2011

Cary Ginell wrote:
A ridiculous comparison. Elton John did not get knighthood instead of
Brian Rust. And gauging "importance" is completely subjective. I'm sure
that millions of people would deem John's accomplishments much more
influential than Brian's if faced with the choice. The fact of the
matter is - nobody faced such a choice.

Cary Ginell
===============
Influential doesn't necessarily mean worthy. Seems those acolytes at
Buckingham Palace who decide these things don't consider keeping a
written record of the  musical past that important. And anyway, who
cares what they think? We've survived without royal patronage and
approval so far.

Queen (shaking hands with a line of "celebrities"): "And what do you do
Mr. Rust?"

Rust: "I'm a discographer, Ma'am."

Queen: "And what do you discuss?"

      Julian Vein