[78-L] Fwd: 6" 'The Fairy Record'

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Jan 8 08:27:28 PST 2011

Some info on Mike Thomas's UK labels website.
Children's records from the 1920's (5.5 & 6"). See also under Bell & Little Marvel.
http://www.mgthomas.co.uk/dancebands/IndexPages/labelindex-D-F.htm
Of course, small records were common from the beginning.

Han Enderman
===

The quoted text below is from an email I received. Can anyone supply
any answers for this guy. I'll digest and forward the replies

Thanks

>came across your site while attempting to get some info on the
>manufacture of 6" 78's.
>I work (volunteer) in a small local museum and discovered a book of
>6" 78's (8 discs).
>Other than that they were released by "The Fairy Record" and made in
>the U.K. there's precious little info on the label.
>Naturally we like to give a little info about a display especially
>the date (or at least a circa).
>Could you direct me to a site that will tell me when 6" 78's were
>first produced ?
>
>thanks for any asisstance you can offer.
>
>all the best for 11 -  Jay
<<<