[78-L] Vinyl sales up 14% in 2010 --

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Jan 7 13:02:37 PST 2011

Who would even try to manufacture anything on shellac today? I would think that 78s would be made from vinyl as well - as with Bryan Wright's wonderful set of Bix Beiderbecke tunes on Rivermont.

My company, Origin Jazz Library, is working on a new vinyl release as well - we're planning a 10-inch LP of two recently discovered 15-minute radio broadcasts (WYNC New York) from 1948 hosted by and featuring Lead Belly. It should be out in the spring.

Cary Ginell