[78-L] Multiplex

AllenAmet at aol.com AllenAmet at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 11:38:48 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/6/2011 9:12:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
78-l-request at klickitat.78online.com writes:

The only one I have ever seen was a very moldy one owned by  Allen
Koenigsberg.  Or maybe it was not mouldy and his Multiplex  Graphophone
Grand cylinder was.  Since he just posted, maybe he can  tell us.

----------
   My Pathe Master cylinder is not moldy at all, but I've never  played it.
It is shown in Ron's book on Pathe, in all its glory, in the original
pebbled inner cardboard holder and metal cannister (1917).

 My (Columbia) Multiplex carriage with 3 reproducers is in fine  condition
as well. I do not own a Multiplex cylinder record. A similar such wax
cylinder was recently restored by Mike K., but it was not a true Multiplex - it
is much shorter (approx 9-3/4") than the 14" one used on the Shah's
machine...

Allen
 _www.phonobooks.com_ (http://www.phonobooks.com)