[78-L] Brian Rust RIP

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 6 09:45:57 PST 2011

In 1975, on my 14th birthday, I was given a copy of Rust's two-volume JAZZ
RECORDS 1897-1942. I must have consulted these books at least once every
week since then. They are falling apart now! I'll never forget The first
time I 'looked up' a '78' in JAZZ RECORDS. 'Got No Time' by the DENZA DANCE
BAND on British Columbia. A favourite of mine - then, and now. It was a
revelation to discover that DENZA DANCE BAND covered the true identity of
many bands. In this case, it was the 'Little Ramblers' (Rollini, Nichols,
etc).
Never having met Brian Rust, I had hoped that someday I'd be able to thank
him personally for the years of pleasure his work has given me.

Tim Huskisson