[78-L] Cecil and Sally Radio Transcriptions - One last question - How Many?

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Wed Jan 5 20:40:09 PST 2011

Thanks to all the folks who've helped me with my questions about these transcriptions!  I've found out my transcriptions would have aired August, 1930.

I have but one more question.  There is an excellent web page describing this radio program at:

http://www.digitaldeliftp.com/DigitalDeliToo/dd2jb-Cecil-and-Sally.html

It states that Cecil and Sally was broadcast on 53 radio stations at it's peak.  Does this mean that only 53 transcriptions were made for each program originally?  What would be a good estimate of the original number of transcriptions produced for each program?

As old shellac records were gathered up as scrap during WWII to be recycled, I wonder how many old radio transcriptions were donated and destroyed?

Thanks!  CDB

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com

The 2 discs that I found are:

Episode 193 and 194, both Part 2
Episode 195 and 196, both Part 1

Episode 195 introduces Nero, Cecil's dog.

I found out these episodes would have aired Aug, 1930.

I got this group last weekend from a garage sale in Portland, OR.

In addition to Pillow Talk and The Glen Miller Story, there are 1959-1960 radio spot announcement movie promos for:

TARZAN THE APE MAN - Dennis Miller
THE HOUSE OF THE SEVEN HAWKS - Robert Taylor
2-PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES - Doris Day and David Niven
3-THE GIANT OF MARATHON - Steve Reeves
SAPPHIRE
THE GAZEBO - Debbie Reynolds

I will eventually post all of them.  They are all recorded, just need to find the time to process and upload.  Right now, you can view pictures of the labels of the highlights of this group at:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/labels/RSA/

Hope that answers all the questions.

CDB