[78-L] Cornet on Ruth Etting Columbia 1595-D

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jan 3 13:36:06 PST 2011

What a great record...the ID of the horn has always intrigued me.

The best guess I ever came up with was Leo McConville with a straight mute
but it's pretty much grasping at straws.   The little "rips" he takes remind
me some of Mosiello but the rest of it doesn't sound like him.

Hope someone can listen to it and give their "take" on the matter.

Taylor