[78-L] Jascha Heifetz question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 2 21:17:37 PST 2011

Can anyone verify this? My reliable off-list source says that Jascha Heifetz
NEVER appeared on The Voice of Firestone. Sears' V-Disc Book says that he made
23 appearances on that show and V-Disc 471 lists Howard Barlow as conductor on
the label (Barlow conducted Firestone, Donald Voorhees conducted Bell). The
disc that Sears lists as being from Firestone is dated January 29, 1945, which
is a known date for Heifetz appearing on The Telephone Hour, from which we also
have a V-Disc (422). My source also has the Telephone Hour for Jan. 29/45 on
AFRS and the performances are identical to those on V-Disc.

So who's right?