[78-L] ARTO Label Question

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sat Jan 1 22:22:59 PST 2011

Just brought home a collection 78s and found a few labels I haven't seen before.  One is the ARTO UNIVERSAL RECORD, whose label bears a striking resemblance to the VICTOR batwing label, at least the layout, with the gold batwing border and text with black background.  I found a couple brief references to this label in the 78-l archives, not to informative, though.  Not much on the 'net, either.  You can view the label here:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/labels/RSA/#ARTO

I assume this was a VICTOR product, probably a contemporary of their batwing label??  Rare, maybe?

Any comments?

Thanks!  CDB