[78-L] interesting pasteover label and oyVey pasteover translation

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sat Jan 1 14:52:02 PST 2011

This is a store sticker which sort of looks like a pasteover.  I have seen this before, but don't remember the record.

The oyVey listing from Brazil has a curious use of an apparent online translation program, possibly from oyVey.  I can sort of understand:

JACKET, GENERAL

RECORD; EXCELLENT , this opinion is only visual

LABEL, EXCELLENT

The "general" jacket probably refers to a generic sleeve, but

ORDERS WILL BE FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS THAT ARE MADE.

!

Place your cursor over the above line in the listing itself and you will see embedded Portuguese pop up:

ESTAREI AS ORDENS PARA TODAS AS PREGUNTAS QUE FOREM FEITAS.
I know what the seller means to say, but the wording is still strange.  "Ordens" rather than "respostas" which is Portuguese for "answers"!

So here oyVey has a pasteover for the pasteover.

New Year's greetings to all./steve