[78-L] Christmas B-sides

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 1 10:42:56 PST 2011

The difference is notable right at the start..strings are an octave higher in
the remake. The original was recorded before Decca began doing all its masters
on 33RPM lacquers so when it was worn out by 1947, a new recording was needed,
even though there were two takes made in '42. And I have goofed..the remake is
*23778*, not 23378.

dl