[78-L] Christmas -B sides

kil kil at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 31 18:06:59 PST 2010

Perry Como

HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS
AN OLD FASHIONED TREE
Gene Autry

ROCKIN' AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE
PAPA NOEL
Brenda Lee

From: "Rodger Holtin"
Had to be 1975-1977 my wife was watching the Dinah Shore TV talk show and
she had Bing Crosby and Phil Harris as guests. The discussion turned to
records and Dinah asked Bing what was on the flipside of "White Christmas."
Bing had no idea, but Phil piped up immediately and told them that it was
the last record in the Holiday Inn album and that "Let's Start the New Year
Right" was the flip. [Decca 18429]

Today's 78-L Trivia question is to list original issues of Christmas tunes
of the 78-era with their flip sides. (I'm curious to know what was suitable
for the flip side of Santa Baby!) One of my favorites was "Boogie Woogie
Santa Claus" which was the "front" side of Patti Page's smash hit "Tennessee
Waltz" [Mercury 5534]

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.