[78-L] What the heck did I just buy!!!

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 31 11:07:20 PST 2010

Went back to Half Price Books today -- someone snapped up the
remaining Victrola Customs and the Brunswick Polydors. Still a lot of
Red Seals left, though. Given my limited knowledge and a 'what the
heck' attitude, I sifted a few more items into my stash. Understand
that these are purchased with absolutely no idea what I am getting
and possibly bought more for the (pardon this) 'this looks like a
cool record' factor. Although I will admit that I am liking what I'm
hearing. I may yet get some cultcha an' 'at. And at 60 cents a pop -- why not

-----------

Victrola 74776 Maria Jeritza - Flying Dutchman: Traft ihr das Schiff
- (Victor back plate)

Columbia -- all autographed in the dead wax
A-5350 	Bernice De Pasquali -Pearl Of Brazil: Thou Brilliant Bird -
Aria (mx.30875) - Linda Di Chamounix: O Luce D'amore (mx.30880)
A-5468 Alessandro Bonci - Africana: Oh Paradiso (mx.36657) - La
Favorita: Spirito Gentile (mx.36656)
A-5605 Emmy Destinn - Der Freischutz: Wie Nachte Mir Der Schlum
(mx.30974) - Der Freischutz: Alle Pflegt Schlafen

RCA Victor Red Seal De-Luxe Heritage Series - in almost all cases the
gold sleeves are pretty wrecked. The records are a bit dusty but
otherwise immaculate
15-1000 - Frances Alda with orch - Otello Act IV Salce, salce (Willow
Song) / Otello: Ave Maria
15-1003 - Marcel Journet - Les Huguenots-Piff! Paff!/ Philemon et
Baucis-Au bruit lourd des marteaux
15-1005 - Pasquale Amato - I Due Foscari-O vecchio cor, che batti -
Germania-Ferito prigionier
15-1007 - Pol Plancon - Magic Flute-Invocation/ Le Lazzarone-Le Flibustier
15-1008 - Jeanne Gerville-Reache - Carmen-Habanera/ Paul et
Virginie-Chanson du Tigre
15-1016 - Blanche Arral - I Lombardi-Polonaise / Faust-Air des bijoux
15-1020 - Hemple & Amato - La Traviata-Dite alla giovine/ Imponete
15-1021 - Maurice Renaud - Herodiade-Vision fugitive/ Le Roi de
Lahore-Promesse de mon avenir