[78-L] Bill Elliot

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Thu Dec 30 05:51:21 PST 2010

Well, there were two Dorseys, as we all know, and Bill Elliott's 1948
appearances on the movie music album happened to be with Jimmy Dorsey.
http://blogmejazz.blogspot.com/2010_09_25_archive.html

Lord has seven entries for tenor saxophonist Bill Elliott (note: two
t's) between 1948-1956.
http://www.lordisco.com/musicians/E4.html

There's no trace of Bill Elliott in Feather though.

However, there was a Elliott Brothers Orchestra (The Date-Niters) in the
1950's and 1960's, working in Disneyland, with Bill on tenor sax and
Lloyd on trombone. They also recorded swing-based material for MGM in
the 1950's (as The Elliott Brothers Orchestra) - and, to complete the
picture: brother Lloyd is featured on the 1948 Jimmy Dorsey recording as
well.
http://disneylandpostcards.net/1148-1184/pages/1120Df_jpg.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozol_pHzV20&feature=related
Kristjan