[78-L] Tornton W. Burgess 78

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Wed Dec 29 13:01:11 PST 2010

Taylor and David,
Thanks for the fast response.   The record is in visually excellent shape, I played it,  sound is  okay, plenty clear enough, but there's a pretty fair hiss with it.  I've been sorting records, mostly LPs and putting duplicates on E-Bay.  While I  appreciate the history re: Burgess, it doesn't really excite me and I may take a picture and offer it.  I've been in the mood to clean up excess clutter  since telling my daughter the house was likely to start sinking if I didn't discard some records and other stuff and she agreed with me.  No body likes their smart alec remarks to be returned as gospel, so maybe she's right.  Wanna buy an antique treadle sewing machine?
Thanks again.
Jim Whipkey

  I have that one and at least one other. He made several recordings at the same
  session in November 1916, issued on consecutive numbers A7524/8. "Beautiful
  Pine" was recorded later in September 1917 and since it's on the first disc,
  the whole series must have been held for a while. There was one unissued side
  from the 1916 batch.

  dl