[78-L] First eBay problem

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Dec 28 19:47:22 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "D P Ingram" <darren at ingram.fi>
> Hi. Forgive me, but apart from the "Amazon" level of customer service, why
> should a seller of second hand (presumably) materials reimburse you when
> the item was "delivered" according to the information at their disposal.
> Now, your mail to me did not indicate if it was insured (if so, maybe he
> could have helped more) but since you state it was not received by you,
> yet the Postal authority says it was, why not file a claim with the Postal
> Inspector and/or Police indicating theft and let the authorities deal with
> it?
> The seller seems to have done their side of things (ignoring any element
> of "enhanced customer service" and surely the onus should be on the
> recipient in this instance, when they report they did not receive it, to
> take a few steps since the apparent situation is more out of the ordinary?
> From what I read, interfering with USPS mails is a federal offence and
> apparently the Postal Authorities and the feds take these things
> seriously.

The interesting thing here is that some unknown third party seems to have
received one (or more?)
unexpected  78rpm phonorecords...! Now, since the vast majority of the world
have (1) NO
way to play 78's...and thus (2) NO interest therein...the recipient probably
had no interest
in them...?! He/she/it probably (and sadly) disposed of the unexpected
parcel on the next
"garbage day"...thus the records probably no longer exist...?!

What SHOULD have been done (and probably wasn't...?!) was to return the
mis-addressed
parcel to his/her/its mail person or office thereunto; however, that takes
effort (which most
of the present-day population will barely expend for money...?!)!

Steven C. Barr